About “Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD”
(Yeah, Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is the real final name)
Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is an indie video game, still in development, by Loftur Games. It’s a PC not-so-serious adventure that brings together mechanics from Action RPG and RTS games. You’ll control Kofi, a weak, lazy and unlucky videogame character that will be followed by a group of interesting (and pathetic) characters aiding him to live a great adventure.
This first trailer of Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD serves as an introduction letter to the players, focusing on the most essential gameplay of the title without giving away the great surprises. Every sequence in it belongs to real gameplay and has been recorded in 1080p and 60fps.
- Videogame characters that know they’re videogame characters. In the Kofi universe, the characters are aware of their digital existence. It shows often in the webseries.
- RPG, RTS and graphic adventure mechanics. In essence, the game is an RTS in which we can control an army of newbie (and pathetic) characters. The adventure in itself uses a narrative that will not fail to remind of the classic graphic adventures. And all of that with hints of an RPG set in a universe heavily inspired by 16-bit-era RPG.
- Troop control. Troop control, group management, captains with special skills. All of it with comedy as a main ingredient.
- Explore Neighborwood. The explorable map expands the one we’re shown in the webseries, but is perfectly loyal to it.
- Voice acting. All voiced characters from the webseries (and many new ones who are hopping aboard) will be voiced in the videogame by the same VA. Some NPC have no voice, as a villager from Startville kindly let us know.
- Be lame. In this game you’ll take control of the lamest and overall most terrible hero wannabe you’ll ever see. Your sword’s broken and your best friend’s a booger, but hey, you can ride a direwolf.
- Creative influences. There are simply too many games that we enjoy and from which we try to learn every day, but we can safely say what became an essential source of inspiration for creating Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD was the magic of The legend of Zelda, the exciting campaigns and battles of the Warcraft trilogy and the ridiculous dialogues of graphic adventures like The curse of Monkey Island.
Meet your “special” army!
In Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD, Kofi will find himself tangled up in an important mission way beyond the silly tasks that the lazy mercebinary is used to. During this pathetic adventure he’ll meet interesting characters that will help him reach his goal. The ones here are but a few! In the final game you’ll be able to control more characters!
Kofi. Not the strongest warrior around, but… but nothing, really. His sword is half broken, and if worse comes to worst you can throw stones at your enemy or run away (spoiler alert: not the fastest guy around, either).
|Lime. Kofi’s loyal companion. He can spit snot and blow himself up, but don’t rely too heavily on him: he slopes off the second you’re not looking.|
Wargo. Now this is a powerful summon! Ride him to battle! Use him when things really get real! If he feels like answering the call, of course..
Human kids. Geared with sticks, and with skills and strengths that would rival a puppy, but there’s loads of them and sometimes it’s quantity over quality (not true).
Elven kids. Geared with lame bows, their arrows don’t quite fly true, but hey, you can shoot stuff from afar.
Moles. Dig holes to create a tunnel. You can always trust a mole.
Engineer. Can fix holes and other structures, as well as disable some traps.
Wizard Beetle. We don’t know much about who it is or what it’s looking for, but it can float, shoot energy balls and summon exploding beetles, so we’re cool with that.
- Game title: Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD
- Developer: Loftur Studio
- Release date: 2019 (january)
- Steam page: store.steampowered.com/app/705340
- Platform: PC/Windows (at launch)
- Controller: Mouse and keyboard
- Genre: Indie, Adventure, RPG, Strategy
- Players: 1 player
- Voices and text: English voices and text.
- Development Environment: Unity
- Price: TBA
- Official website: lofturstudio.com/kofiquest
Other images and logos for press
About Loftur Studio
Loftur Studio is an independent studio created in 2013. We decided to start working on the Kofi universe to experiment with the animation and the videogame at the same time. The team behind Kofi consists of people interested in the world of animation, videogames and voice acting. We launched the animated webseries of Kofi in 2014 in its original language (Spanish) and began development of the videogame Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD in 2015. Currently, we’d launched the English dub of the webseries while working on the final phase of development of the videogame.
Our aim with Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is to create a fun playable experience, trying to deliver humor through narrative and gameplay. We want to create a game with a unique feel by combining mechanics from RTS, RPG and graphic adventures. Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is our first commercial videogame and we’re excited for walking this road, as well as for being able to share this universe with any and all gamers who feel like stepping in.
Kofi as a webseries
Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is an expansion of the Kofi universe, which started as an animated webseries in May 2014 (February 2018 for the English version). Both the webseries and the videogame are developed by the same studio and with the same artistic team, direction and production. If you want to step into Kofi’s world, you can watch all the episodes for free in Youtube.
Full episodes here
By clicking on the title of the video, you’ll be taken to a playlist with all the episodes published so far.
Webseries or game? The transmedia universe of Kofi
In the timeline of the Kofi universe, the first three seasons of the animated series take place right before Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD, but both products are scripted so they can also be enjoyed independently. You don’t need to have watched the show to understand the game, nor the other way around!
Development team (game)
- Direction, script and art: Jesús García Ferrer
- Animation and cinematics: Ernesto Pacheco
- Programming: Marcos Herranz, Jaume Vera, Angel Rubio
- Music: Mariano Ruiz
- Translation: Dari García
- Voice actors/actresses: Anthony Rotsa, Veronica Polo, Diego Rodríguez, Javier Ramos, Lisa Krosnicki, Paul Christalos.
Social media (follow us!)
Official Kofi Quest website: lofturstudio.com/kofiquest
Steam page: store.steampowered.com/app/705340/
Youtube (webseries): Kofi Youtube
Twitter: Kofi Twitter
Facebook: Kofi Facebook